Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My two little playmates

There was a house next door to us. Billy and Betty Jean Lang lived there with their three children, Alison, Janet, and their little brother, I can't remerber his name right now. I will be talking about the little girls anyway. I used to go over to play with them even though they were about 6 and 8 years younger than I was. They would stand on their front porch and call over to our house," Tootlellen, Tootlellen, come play with us". So I would go over and play with them. That is how I got the nickname of "Tootellen", which they still call me to this day when we see each other. They were two of Mrs. Langs granddaughters, the lady that put the trailor next to our house and was our neighbor until she died. My grandparents lived in the little white house a few years after the girls lived there, and stayed there for several years until they went to live my Aunt Sue in Aberdeen, Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment