Monday, January 18, 2010

Yellowstone Park

When I was 8 years old we took a trip out west. This time it was my family, Aunt Maggie and Grandma Langston ( MaMoo). Don't ask me how 7 people fit in a 5 passenger car but we did. Grandma was quite contrary on that trip. If Aunt Maggie wanted some air with the window down Grandma would want it back up immediately. (this was in the days before air conditioning in cars, at least ours). Just anything oppisite of Aunt Maggie.
We visited Yellowstone Park and were fortunate to see some black bears. One mother bear was out close to the road with twin cubs, they were so cute. Mama got out to take a picture, which is in her pictures some where, I will try to find and post it some day, anyway, she was standing inbetween the mother bear and her cubs. When the mother bear realized Mama was a little too close the her cubs she started running towards Mama. Fortunately, Mama wasn't that far from the car and made it bach OK.
I wanted to share my trip to the park with my friends back home so I bought some post cards and wrote a note to everyone, probably about 5 or 6 cards, all the money I had available to me. I put the cards in the mail slot at the hotel in the park and felt really good about sending my friends a card until Mama asked me if I had put stamps on the cards! I had not!! No matter how hard I cried and pleaded with the lady at the desk to have to cards back to put stamps on them she said she couldn't do that. Needless to say, my friends did not get their beautiful cards from Yellowstone Park.

1 comment:

  1. I need to teach you how to scan pictures to add to your stories.

    ReplyDelete